groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Thread safety and OptionBuilder
Date Sun, 03 May 2015 08:42:32 GMT
Hi,

> Am 03.05.2015 um 08:26 schrieb Jochen Theodorou:
>
>> Am 02.05.2015 12:51, schrieb Jacopo Cappellato:
>> [...]
>>
>>> My question is: is this a concern/known issue for Groovy?
>>>

>> I am not aware of an issue with that problem
>>
>>  what is the best way to address the issue?
>>>

>> the best way would be to have a 1.3 release of commons-cli. I don't how
>> any synchronization higher up the chain could gurantee thread safety.
>>
>>  Should we get in touch with the Commons CLI community to know more about
>>> their plans or should me look for a different approach?
>>>

>> Well, I did hear they have become more active again and there might be
>> even a 1.3 release soon. The release 2 years ago happened mostly because of
>> people of the Groovy community giving some pressure. The project is usually
>> very very very quite/inactive. But things may have changed. Feel free to
>> approach people there.
>>

> They planned to do a release of 1.3 soon:
> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/201504.mbox/%3CCAB917RK8f1ARmSu-1GAXVe79EdgSahoFLMS40nAmzKsxgKTXKg%40mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> but that was nearly a month ago and it seem like nothing happend. :( I
> hope they will release soon. Maybe some poking would help. ;(

Nope, that's not how Apache works (at least in my opinion :-) ). I've
planned to push a release but then good caught up with other stuff. Here is
 the list of things that should be resolved for 1.3 [1]. If people jump in
and help by providing patches (or PR via github [2]). This will speed up
the process of pushing out a new release. Now that groovy is part of the
Apache family, I would love to see this kind of inter-project collaboration
happen.

br,
Benedikt

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLI-179?jql=project%20%3D%20CLI%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.3%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20due%20ASC%2C%20priority%20DESC%2C%20created%20ASC

[2] https://github.com/apache/commons-cli

--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/