groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: In shape for a 2.4.4 release?
Date Sun, 31 May 2015 20:51:02 GMT

That sounds about right to me. It might also be nice if one of our mentors
can do a trial run check of the source dist zip for us. You can find snapshot
artifacts similar to what we would produce for the release on the CI server:

http://ci.groovy-lang.org/viewLog.html?buildId=23085&tab=artifacts&buildTypeId=Groovy_Jdk7Build

[build number will vary - you might need to traverse down from a higher
directory - click on "artifacts" on the "JDK 7 Build"]

There are some known things we have, e.g. a binary jar for testing purposes,
that we think are OK, but we need everyone on the same page wrt such things.
And we might need a little time to fix anything that we can't go forward with.

You can use "gradle(w) rat"  to invoke rat with our current exclusions file.
The Rat integration needs some work. It currently uses the command-line
integration which is a little limited. We need some tweaks for proper
gradle integration at some point.

Cheers, Paul.

On 1/06/2015 5:55 AM, Pascal Schumacher wrote:
> So, left to do is just:
>
> - add the checksum generation for source zip to the gradle build (optional)
> - adjust the website to handle the "incubating" qualifiy of the source zip
> - find somebody who is willing to act as a release manger
>
> I'm I missing anything?

---