groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Pascal Schumacher <pascalschumac...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Thread safety and OptionBuilder
Date Sun, 03 May 2015 06:59:10 GMT
Am 03.05.2015 um 08:26 schrieb Jochen Theodorou:
> Am 02.05.2015 12:51, schrieb Jacopo Cappellato:
> [...]
>> My question is: is this a concern/known issue for Groovy?
>
> I am not aware of an issue with that problem
>
>> what is the best way to address the issue?
>
> the best way would be to have a 1.3 release of commons-cli. I don't
> how any synchronization higher up the chain could gurantee thread safety.
>
>> Should we get in touch with the Commons CLI community to know more
>> about their plans or should me look for a different approach?
>
> Well, I did hear they have become more active again and there might be
> even a 1.3 release soon. The release 2 years ago happened mostly
> because of people of the Groovy community giving some pressure. The
> project is usually very very very quite/inactive. But things may have
> changed. Feel free to approach people there.

They planned to do a release of 1.3 soon:
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/201504.mbox/%3CCAB917RK8f1ARmSu-1GAXVe79EdgSahoFLMS40nAmzKsxgKTXKg%40mail.gmail.com%3E

but that was nearly a month ago and it seem like nothing happend. :( I
hope they will release soon. Maybe some poking would help. ;(