groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Thread safety and OptionBuilder
Date Sun, 03 May 2015 06:26:32 GMT
Am 02.05.2015 12:51, schrieb Jacopo Cappellato:
[...]
> My question is: is this a concern/known issue for Groovy?

I am not aware of an issue with that problem

> what is the best way to address the issue?

the best way would be to have a 1.3 release of commons-cli. I don't how
any synchronization higher up the chain could gurantee thread safety.

> Should we get in touch with the Commons CLI community to know more about their plans
or should me look for a different approach?

Well, I did hear they have become more active again and there might be
even a 1.3 release soon. The release 2 years ago happened mostly because
of people of the Groovy community giving some pressure. The project is
usually very very very quite/inactive. But things may have changed. Feel
free to approach people there.

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou