groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Cédric Champeau <cedric.champ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GGTS/ Eclipse support for the groovy ecosystem
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2015 12:55:50 GMT
AFAIK, the Gradle plugin is independent from the Groovy one. While the
latest snapshot is compatible with Groovy 2.4.3, it will not be for future
versions of Groovy, because it effectively patches the compiler. This means
that you will have to rely on an external tool like Gradle or Ant to
compile Groovy code under Eclipse. But if there are fixes for syntax
highlighting or errors from the compiler, they won't make it into Groovy
Eclipse. And the Maven compiler is based on the Eclipse compiler too I
think.

Last, IDEA 14.1 now has the option to use the Eclipse compiler. Sounds like
a bad timing, because they added the option just when there's nobody left
to maintain the plugin...