groovy-dev mailing list archives

From C├ędric Champeau <cedric.champ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update of headers
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2015 12:20:11 GMT
> Is that correct?

> Correct.
>
> And that's for all the files, including shell scrips, XML, etc. For
> those two guys, you can use :
>
> Note that the apache-rat plugin will check the presence of these headers
> (in a maven world, of course ;-)
>
> We do have a similar plugin, which updates the files appropriately.
However there are two kind of files which are treated differently:

* groovy files with the shebang line (#!/bin/groovy) need to have the
shebang line first, then the header
* some documentation examples have no header on purpose, because they are
included in a block of code in the documentation. It wouldn't make any
sense to have a header in a snippet of code in a documentation page.

> >  I also have a question regarding documentation. The
> > documentation is licensed under Creative Commons by-sa. Currently it is
> > only reflected in [2]. How should we proceed?
>
> The CC license is compatible with the AL 2.0 license, and can be
> imported in Apache projects (see
> https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a).

Here, I think it's a matter of choice : either you kep it under CC, or
> you move it to AL 2.0. I would guess that the simplest is to leave the
> doco under the current license, and for the new doco, adopt AL 2.0.
>
> I am not fully convinced it would be easier. Also CC makes much more sense
for documentation than AL2.0 IMHO.