groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Groovy website
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 15:39:21 GMT
On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 2:40 AM, C├ędric Champeau
<cedric.champeau@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/28/2015 02:23 AM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Onboarding a different poddling made me realize
>> that http://groovy.incubator.apache.org/ is still
>> pretty barren. Is there a JIRA tracking the migration?
>
> As we said before there's no such thing as a migration possible. The Groovy
> website requires much more than what the ASF Infra can provide. Our idea is
> more to:
>
> * keep the current site where it is hosted, with our deployment
> infrastructure, redirects, subdomains, ...
> * use the groovy.incubator.apache.org as a "developer portal" to get
> information about how to contribute to Groovy
>
> I'm not even sure that the second point is necessary. At least, we should
> have a page that redirects to http://groovy-lang.org

Do you know if this has been discussed with ASF INFRA? I have another
podling that has similar requirements for website content hosting. I would
appreciate if one of you guys can create an INFRA JIRA and describe
exactly the requirements for hosting the Groovy website. Then I can take
both cases to INFRA and see whether they can accommodate.

Sounds reasonable?

Thanks,
Roman.