groovy-dev mailing list archives

From "KARR, DAVID" <dk0...@att.com>
Subject RE: New Workflow…
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2015 19:20:43 GMT
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Guillaume Laforge [mailto:glaforge@gmail.com]
> Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2015 11:53 AM
> To: dev@groovy.incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: New Workflow…
>
> A subvers(ive|ion) mentality? :-)

Briefly, from a lurker's point of view, I would guess this refers to a perception that some
people want a process that is not quite like a "distributed version control system".  A DVCS
allows for a great deal of flexibility by its nature, but the reality is that real projects
need to have a "master" both in data model and process.  You should "think git" when it makes
sense, but think like Subversion (ironically, in that sense) for your "code of record".