groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: New Workflow…
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 09:44:05 GMT
Am 26.04.2015 18:01, schrieb Russel Winder:
[...]
> Good to hear that ASF will be supporting a Git/Gerrit-based workflow.

I really wonder about how that will be... especially because of things
like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-8095

... but actually even more the practical problem of user accounts. If
you have to have an apache account to use it, then I greatly doubt it
can be a replacement for github. That is too much work for small
one-time contributions.

As for gerrit itself... tracking multiple commits seems not to be so
easy, which makes it a less good tool for people actually partitioning
their work in multiple steps, where not each of those can be
independent... so for me for example, when I implement something bigger.

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou