groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject new work flow for our JIRA?
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:13:23 GMT
Hi all,

since our new JIRA is up and running I am coming back to a long term
wish of mine, which is to define a slightly different workflow for
groovy in JIRA.

So first thing to be cleared would be if we are allowed to have our own
workflow (mentors?!). I know they can be configured on a per project
base, but it needs to be done by someone with admin rights. So INFRA
would have to do this.

In case we can do that, the next thing to talk about is the workflow
itself (and if we want that). My problem with the current work flow is
that there are too many issue to work on at the same time. Given that
most developers now have even less time than before I see the situation
becoming worse than better as well.. maybe in the long term it will
resolve itself with more activity, but well. Since there are so many
issues it is very easy to loose track. Someone is asking on an older
issue a question, but you are so busy with the new ones, you don't see
it... since I get messages for all and every action on JIRA, there is
for me no way to just react to the ones that are only for me. It is the
same for Cedric, Guillaume, Pascal or Paul imho.

So my idea would be to have a different workflow...

On an "open" or "reopened" issue I would like to have the option of
asking further questions that, if not answered in a certain time period
will close the issue. So there needs to be a transition in a new state,
let's call it "user action required" for now. Any comment will move the
issue to "open" again. We then could base search for issues in that
state, which are not updated for more than ie 30 days and resolve them
(reopen possible of course)

I tried in the past to do this manually by using a label... it does not
work. Removing the label requires action by me, as a result of action by
the user. And if I don't have enough time, things can pile up very fast.

That was not a complete description, and would have to be fleshed out of
course. ;)

What do you guys think?

bye blackdrag

--