groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Gradle Wrapper
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2015 04:33:19 GMT
Am 15.04.2015 21:47, schrieb Jacopo Cappellato:
> Hi C├ędric,
>
> as far as I know there is no policy that prevent to include binaries (e.g. jar) for external
products, as long as the license is compatible (and Gradle license is definitely compatible
being ASL 2.0) in the source tree or in the source release.

3.6 of http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html
"""
3.6 Release consists of source code only, no binaries.
     Each Apache release must contain a source package. This package may
not contain compiled components (such as "jar" files) because compiled
components are not open source, even if they were built from open source.
"""

So if it goes strictly by the words, then it is questionable. And since
gradle is kind of a special case, Cedric asked that question

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou