groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <rus...@winder.org.uk>
Subject Re: New Workflow…
Date Sat, 18 Apr 2015 17:50:27 GMT
On Sat, 2015-04-18 at 22:36 +0530, Balachandran Sivakumar wrote:
> Hi,
> On 18 Apr 2015 9:45 pm, Russel Winder <russel@winder.org.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Apparently git://git.apache.org/incubator-groovy.git is the
> > mainline
> > but what is the workflow given it is not GitHub or GitLab and so
> > there
> > is no pull request system.
> >

>     The git command line has a request-pull command which can be
> used. If I remember correct, github/bitbucket implement their pull
> request based on this.

Certainly there is "git request-pull" but that doesn't give us a
review and decision making workflow just a repository to repository
message. Gerrit and GitHub pull requests provide notification,
publicity, and communication features to allow for review of a pull
request. Git doesn't provide this, it is something that has to be
provided over Git. Hence GitHub pull requests and Gerrit. I am not
sure what Linux does to provide the workflow support. What do other
Apache/Git projects do?

--
Russel.