gossip-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Leave apache and the incubator
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2018 16:50:59 GMT
Hey Ed,

I think taking Gossip back to Github is the right decision. The
Incubator is designed to support, long-running, low-activity projects
like you outline. The regular reports on progress become a time-sink
because there isn't the expected level of volume or participants.

The incubator works well when there is an established community of folks
who are active. Like you say, this otherwise becomes a burden on you
(the sole contributor, best as I can see), taking your time away from
actually producing software.

+1 from me