gora-user mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Gora 0.2 RC
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 15:26:14 GMT
Hi Again,

OK so the VOTE'ing period is now closed as 72 hours have passed.
Unfortunately only 2 VOTE's were officially launched resulting in the
following

+1's
Ioannis Canellos
Lewis McGibbney

-1's
n/a

The VOTE thread stated that for a VOTE to pass a majority of at least three
Gora PMC VOTE's must be weighted in favour of +1, however this has not been
the case so the VOTE fails. Having dome some more reading [0] on this with
specific weighting here [1], I am unsure as to whether this is outcome is a
true reflection of the Apache Gora community therefore I need to get input
and conformation from elsewhere before we can pursue the issue further. As
I was acting as RM this provides a platform where I would have pushed on
with the release but this is not physically obtainable as the Gora 0.2
release is restricted by the 'minimum quorum of three +1 votes' rule.

I'll head over to some community mailing lists in an attempt to obtain
further advice on what the next steps are for the community.

Thanks for now

Lewis

[0] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes