gora-user mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Gora 0.2 RC
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:07:10 GMT
Hi Ferdy,

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Ferdy Galema <ferdy.galema@kalooga.com>wrote:

> Before giving my vote, a few comments:
>
> You made a minor copy-paste type. It's in the +1 line "release this as
> Apache Nutch 1.5". I would certainly recommend against releasing the
> current candidate as Nutch ;)

Ouch that one hurts :0) I couldn't help... Chris just has such a good way
of wording his RC's lol

> Secondly, I noticed that there are some wrong urls in the pom.xml files,
> namely in the scm section. (I am not sure what impact of this is). It is
> about:
> -the pom.xml in the project root --> <tag> seems incorrect.

Yes I confirm this. I am on it. This looks like the least concerning error
so far.

-the sources-dist/pom.xml --> like above, plus: url, connection and
> developerConnection have 'trunk' postfixed.

Currently if we were to release, this module will be available on maven
central along with the rest but we will not be formally releasing it as a
src dist. If we roll another RC I will remove this module from the
published artifacts altogether as it is only for RM's to use for
convenience.

> -the subprojects (store implementations) pom.xml --> like above.

For me this is the most concerning and I don't like the look of it one bit.
I am on it but won't be able to do more work until tomorrow as I'm going to
the boxing tonight in Glasgow...

Have a great weekend and thanks for the feedback.

Lewis