gora-dev mailing list archives

From lewis john mcgibbney <lewi...@apache.org>
Subject [REPORT] Apache Gora Board Report
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2018 20:55:23 GMT
Attachment U: Report from the Apache Gora Project  [Lewis John McGibbney]

The Apache Gora™ open source framework provides an in-memory data model and
persistence for big data. Gora supports persisting to column stores, key
value stores,
document stores, distributed in-memory key/value stores, in-memory data
grids,
in-memory caches, distributed multi-model stores, and hybrid in-memory
architectures.
Gora also enables analysis of data with extensive Apache Hadoop MapReduce
and Apache Spark support.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
Activity has been pretty slow, we have a major pull request which
is under community review. Once that is addressed, we will most likely
make some module dependency updates and push our next release.

## Health report:
The project is healthy. Most activity and development is by exsiting
core committers which is normal for Gora.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 25 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Madhawa Kasun Gunasekara on Fri Sep 22 2017

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 25 committers.
 - Last committer addition was Madhawa Kasun Gunasekara at Thu Sep 21 2017

## Releases:

 - Last release was 0.8 on Mon Sep 18 2017

## Mailing list activity:

All the stats below are in line with historical trends.

 - dev@gora.apache.org:

 - user@gora.apache.org:

## JIRA activity:

http://home.apache.org/~lewismc/