gora-dev mailing list archives

From Renato MarroquĂ­n Mogrovejo <renatoj.marroq...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Gora- Aerospkie] Weekly update
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2017 02:14:03 GMT
Hi Nishadi,

Thanks for sharing your GSoC status.
I think one safe assumption you can make is that if the user wants to use
the query feature of Aerospike then he should create it through Aerospike
tools. Gora basically provides access to multiple datastores, but it
doesn't offer support for executing arbitrary code in the datastores (like
code for creating indexes for example) ... at least for now. Maybe at some
point we could just execute something like an arbitraty SQL/CQL/... string
through Gora.
Aerospike doesn't support range keys either because it hashes the keys so
they can be distributed evenly across all nodes, and so, it actually needs
a secondary  index to do such operation.
So I guess you already have the basic PUT/GET/DELETE operations working
right? How about the test suites? Maybe you can also ignore the query tests
 at first but have the implementation so users can take advantage of it,
and then maybe add a maven step for running some Aerospike commands (but
this can be a later step IMHO).
Hope it helps!

Best,

Renato M.