gora-dev mailing list archives

From Nishadi Kirielle <ndimeshi...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>
Subject Gora- Aerospike Module : GSoC Project Status
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2017 15:04:42 GMT
Hi all,

As of the second evaluation period, I was able to implement most of the
possible functionality on gora-aerospike module.

Currently implemented features[1] include the follows;

   - Basic PUT, GET, DELETE functionality
   - Querying the whole set of data / querying on a single key
   - Delete functionality based on queries
   - 25 test cases got passed from the base test case

The documentation related to the gora-tutorial based on the Aerospike
module can be found here. [2] In addition, the weekly reports can be found
in [3].

The limitations occurred when incorporating the Aerospike java client are
as follows;

   - Schema creation, deletion related functionality are not supported by
   Aerospike
   - Querying based on key ranges are not directly supported by Aerospike

The plan for the next period is to improve the following features;

   - The waiting strategy of the docker client
   - Incorporate the map reduce based test cases
   - Improve the user documentation

Please let me know if anything needs to be improved in these areas and it
will be great to have feedback on the implementation.

[1]. https://github.com/apache/gora/pull/111
[2].
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hS0PrAXVRJ-NWkJyTnqFd_GJ7IBe4AtrUQJOP-QkwXg/edit
[3].
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GORA/Implement+Aerospike+Datastore+%28GORA-502%29+Reports

Thank you and regards
Nishadi

--
Nishadi Kirielle

Undergraduate
University of Moratuwa - Sri Lanka

Mobile : +94 70 204 5934 <+94%2070%20204%205934>
Blog : nishadikirielle.wordpress.com