gora-dev mailing list archives

From Madhawa Kasun Gunasekara <madhaw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Cassandra Store] Need to migrate to CQL Interface
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2016 08:39:16 GMT
Hi Alfonso,

Hector has been no longer used in Cassandra community. Community has been
migrated to CQL (Cassandra Query Language), which is very much similar to
SQL. and also currently Gora-Cassandra component is not compatible with
Cassandra database servers which use CQL 3,4 versions.

CQL performance is much better than thrift (Hector) [1]. I created jira
issue for this task [2] as well.

[1] http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/cassandra-2-1-now-over-50-faster
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-497

Thanks,