gora-dev mailing list archives

From Furkan KAMACI <furkankam...@gmail.com>
Subject Improving Gora Wiki
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 23:17:10 GMT
Hi,

As you know that we have Apache Gora website: http://gora.apache.org/ and
Apache wiki: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GORA/Index

I think that we should write a reference guide, developer documentation and
how to contribute at Gora wiki.

CouchDB has a nice wiki which we can use as an example:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Apache+CouchDB+Wiki

REEF (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/REEF/Home) and Wicket (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Index) can be example
for developer documentation. On the other hand Solr is a great example for
a reference guide:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Apache+Solr+Reference+Guide

I think that documentation is really important for people who wants to use
a project. For example I was trying to run GoraCI and couldn't find
anything at documentation about how to configure Hadoop and Hbase. It is
one of the very first steps of it and if I were a newbie I could give up
playing with Gora due to lack of documentation.

What do you think about it? We can define the topics for improved wiki and
start to fill them one by one?

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI