gora-dev mailing list archives

From Furkan KAMACI <furkankam...@gmail.com>
Subject Bug When Writing Into Solr Store
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 21:24:52 GMT
Hi All,

I was testing to write into Solr database and I realized that it doesn't
commit documents which are at last buffer when buffer is not equal to
default commit size. For example, run LogAnalytics example with a
configuration of reading from Hbase and persisting results into Solr.
Result size should be 3300 but when you check Solr you will see that it is
less than it.

I debugged Gora source code and decided that the best solution is flushing
documents before closing  a Solr data store. However I saw that:

  @Override
  public void close() {
    // In testing, the index gets closed before the commit in flush() can
happen
    // so an exception gets thrown
    // flush();
  }

Than I've run whole tests but didn't get any exception. Is there any Jira
issue for this? Since this is critical for Solr users, I would like to
solve it.

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI