gora-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdy Galema <ferdy.gal...@kalooga.com>
Subject Re: Differences in Method Summaries Between HBase and CassandraStore
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 09:24:46 GMT
Hey Lewis,

I'm not sure how useful this is, but this is how I think it's supposed to
work general:

At the moment every store can be initialized by using two parameters, sort
of "property containers". That is:
-Properties (from Java properties)
-Configuration (from Hadoop)

Stores can read whatever properties they like from these containers.
Sometimes they simple pass a container on to underlying objects. (HBase
initializes client code aka HTable objects with the Configuration
container).

Apart from this, a store might require separate configuration files.
Apparently if Cassandra requires a yaml file on the classpath, the user is
required to do so. Alternatively it could read all required properties from
one or both of the supplied containers.

Ferdy.