gora-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Differences in Method Summaries Between HBase and CassandraStore
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 21:54:30 GMT
Hi Guys,

I can't help but ask this question now to see what kind of feedback is out
there. It's been in my drafts for a day or two. I thought sending it would
be better than it stagnating.

When comparing the above stores, I see that CassandraStore lacks the
following method implementations:

createScanner(Query<K,T> query)
getConf()
initialize(Class<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/Class.html?is-external=true>
<K<http://gora.apache.org/docs/current/api/org/apache/gora/hbase/store/HBaseStore.html>>
keyClass,
Class<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/Class.html?is-external=true>
<T<http://gora.apache.org/docs/current/api/org/apache/gora/hbase/store/HBaseStore.html>>
persistentClass,
Properties<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/Properties.html?is-external=true>
 properties)
setConf(Configuration)

Now I know that the initialize class was removed when alexis implemented
the hector API as the core cassandra configuration, and that createScanner
is HBase specific, however is there any formal justification behind why the
get and set Conf methods never existed in CassandraStore? In HBase as in
Hadoop, Nutch and other softwares under the Hadoop ecosystem configuration
is read in from ${projectName}-site.xml, and I understand that Cassandra
relies upon cassandra.yaml for configuring these properties, however it
would also appear that we have no existing programmatic implementation for
getting and setting these configurations already within the gora-cassandra
module... am I correct or wrong here?

If I'm correct then this may be the key as to why its taken me so bloody
wrong to crack the Cassandra tests... if not then it's back to the drawing
board... again :)

--
*Lewis*