gora-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Obtaining Datastore Mapping's during testing time.
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2012 01:33:10 GMT
Hi,

I'm back looking at the Cassandra tests again and I've nearly cracked them.

What I don't understand is how to obtain the mapping's from
conf/gora-cassandra-mapping.xml?

What I have so far is

lewis@lewis-01:~/ASF/gora/gora-cassandra/src/test$ tree
.
├── conf
│   ├── cassandra.yaml
│   ├── gora-cassandra-mapping.xml
│   ├── gora.properties
└── java
    └── org
        └── apache
            └── gora
                └── cassandra
                    ├── GoraCassandraTestDriver.java
                    └── store
                        └── TestCassandraStore.java

Looking at the TestHbaseStore I see that we call

  @Override
  public void setUp() throws Exception {
    super.setUp();
    conf = getTestDriver().getHbaseUtil().getConfiguration();
  }

Is this what is required to obtain the mapping configuration? This is easy
using HBaseTestingUtility as it's a method in the class, unfortunately
neither CassandraDaemon (Cassandra API) nor EmbeddedServerHelper (Hector
API) have this method to simply call on...

When I try to run my tests my Cassandra configuration is fine, but no
mapping seems to be retrieved and most of the test log output complains

  testTruncateSchema(org.apache.gora.cassandra.store.TestCassandraStore):
org.apache.avro.generic.GenericArray.add(Ljava/lang/Object;)V
  testTruncateSchema(org.apache.gora.cassandra.store.TestCassandraStore):
InvalidRequestException(why:Keyspace does not exist.)

This is because I'm not picking up the mappings from conf. I've uploaded my
latest patch to Jira @ GORA-53-v8.patch ha ha ha!!! I would seriously
appreciate if someone could shine some light on it for me/put me out my
misery/stop me from going insane in the membrane... etc.

This is driving me mad.

Thanks

Lewis