gora-dev mailing list archives

From Julien Nioche <lists.digitalpeb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving Gora build system to Maven?
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:23:38 GMT
I am not particularly keen to have to maintain 2 systems in parallel, some
of you are maybe more familiar with Maven but as Chris pointed out most of
the Gora devs prefer ANT+Ivy and as far as I know the latter does not
prevent us from doing what we need i.e build, manage dependencies and
publish artifacts. Of course if this makes you happy, this is fine by me
but  I'd rather we spent more effort on writing tests, add new
functionalities or improve the documentation instead of arguing which of Ivy
or Maven is better.

On 11 March 2011 21:55, Henry Saputra <henry.saputra@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 for this approach
>
> - Henry
>
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
> <chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> > Hi Ioannis, thank you very much! I am certainly more familiar with Maven
> then Ivy, and would be willing to help get these committed.
> >
> > I don't think parallel build systems hurt either. Most of the Gora devs
> though, realize, are Ant+Ivy users, so they will be more familiar with that
> system. But, if we have Maven poms, those can be maintained as well.
> >
> > Thanks! I'll take a look at these.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Chris
> >
> > On Mar 11, 2011, at 1:49 PM, Ioannis Canellos wrote:
> >
> >> I created issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-29 and
> attached a
> >> patch which adds maven support to Gora.

> (really