gora-dev mailing list archives

From Ioannis Canellos <ioca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving Gora build system to Maven?
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:12:25 GMT
Hi all,

I would prefer to see Gora use maven, for the following reasons:

   - Maven promotes convention over configuration and re-usability (really
   important as the project grows, as it decreases the management overhead and
   ensures uniformity).
   - A Maven project is a lot easier to be imported to any IDE (will make it
   easier for new Gora users. Now a lot of things need to be done by "hand").
   - Access to a wide plugin list that among others help release management,
   repository management.
   - Better support for tools like findbugs, pmd, colver and other that can
   also be quite easily integrate with hudson / jenkins.
   - Better support for artifacts with classifier (I couldn't find to use
   classifier in dependencies with ivy).

If the above are not enough to convince you, then you might want consider
the possibility of supporting both ant/ivy & maven builds. I would be more
that happy to contribute & maintain the maven project filles.

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Julien Nioche <lists.digitalpebble@gmail.com

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*