gora-dev mailing list archives

From Henry Saputra <henry.sapu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving Gora build system to Maven?
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2011 17:45:23 GMT
Hey Julien,

I am trying to find if any of existing ASF projects has dual build
systems.  Want to see if this somewhat a "norm" for Apache projects.
I agree its a bit pain maintaining  two different systems (I did it at
work and its not pretty).

I also more happy to add more tests and support for features so using
Ivy+ ANT is not a big deal for me =)

My +1 is if we want to add Maven support, might as well make it
parallel with existing Ivy+Ant.

BTW, dont forget to VOTE on the RC3 thread ^_^

- Henry

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 3:23 AM, Julien Nioche
<lists.digitalpebble@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not particularly keen to have to maintain 2 systems in parallel, some
> of you are maybe more familiar with Maven but as Chris pointed out most of
> the Gora devs prefer ANT+Ivy and as far as I know the latter does not
> prevent us from doing what we need i.e build, manage dependencies and
> publish artifacts. Of course if this makes you happy, this is fine by me
> but  I'd rather we spent more effort on writing tests, add new
> functionalities or improve the documentation instead of arguing which of Ivy
> or Maven is better.
>
> On 11 March 2011 21:55, Henry Saputra <henry.saputra@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> +1 for this approach
>>
>> - Henry
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
>> <chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
>> > Hi Ioannis, thank you very much! I am certainly more familiar with Maven
>> then Ivy, and would be willing to help get these committed.
>> >
>> > I don't think parallel build systems hurt either. Most of the Gora devs
>> though, realize, are Ant+Ivy users, so they will be more familiar with that
>> system. But, if we have Maven poms, those can be maintained as well.
>> >
>> > Thanks! I'll take a look at these.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Chris

>> attached a