gobblin-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Code base moved to Apache
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2017 04:36:16 GMT
Hi
Yes it's for publishing artifacts. We cannot publish to maven repo for
anything else than org.apache.gobblin
No real choice regarding backward compat.
Well it's a big step to move here for the project so this include some
changes (disruptive or not)
You can maybe maintain the backward compat with implementing a layer
between previous package and new one (but not sure it worth it)

On 28 July 2017 at 14:00, Abhishek Tiwari <abti@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Olivier,
>
> Also, do you have suggestions about the package move based on your
> experience with several other projects?
> How do others handle backwards incompatibility? Any common pitfalls?
>
> Regards,
> Abhishek
>

> On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 8:47 PM, Abhishek Tiwari <abti@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> It would be used for publishing artifacts, ie. it is must for first
>> release?
>>
>> I kept it aside for last, because this will be the most disruptive
>> change. I will create a ticket for it and work on it.
>>
>> Regards
>> Abhishek
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 6:30 PM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Awesome!
>>> Any plan to use org.apache.gobblin package?
>>> At least this will be used for publishing artifacts.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Olivier

>>> epos/asf/incubator-gobblin.git
>>> repos/asf/incubator-gobblin.git