giraph-user mailing list archives

From "Ing. Alessio Arleo" <ingar...@icloud.com>
Subject Re: RELATION BETWEEN THE NUMBER OF GIRAPH WORKERS AND THE PROBLEM SIZE
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2017 17:49:10 GMT
Hello Sai Ganesh

I am using Giraph 1.2.0 release on Hadoop 2.6. 0 so I can confirm you that can be compiled
correctly. Which version of Java are you using?

Best Regards,
Alessio Arleo

On 2 Mar 2017, 09:32 -0800, José Luis Larroque , wrote:
> You aren't setting yh (yarn heap), and without this parameter, every container will have
1024 MB by default. You should use -yh 10240 (same value of mapreduce.map.memory.mb).

> You should ask about giraph 1.2 compilation in a separate email for a better understanting.
I didn't compile it yet, so i'm unable to help you in this issue..

> --
> José Luis Larroque
> Analista Programador Universitario - Facultad de Informática - UNLP
> Desarrollador Java y .NET en LIFIA

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I tried building giraph-1.2.0 with yarn profile
> > >
> > > The build was successful when I just tried mvn -DskipTests package.
> > >
> > > But my hadoop version is hadoop-2.6.0. So I removed that build.
> > >
> > > I tried installing using the command mvn -Phadoop_yarn -Dhadoop.version=2.6.0
-DskipTests package

> > > I am getting the errors in 'dependencies.dependency.version' in lines 1277,1281
and 1285 in pom.xml.

> > > Is it possible to build giraph-1.2.0 for hadoop-2.6.0 or should I do something
else?

> > > The build was successful when I just tried mvn -DskipTests package.

Best Regards, Alessio Arleo