giraph-user mailing list archives

From "Schweiger, Tom" <thschwei...@ebay.com>
Subject Error in dispatcher thread java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: HADOOP_CLASSPATH
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2016 21:39:21 GMT
Friends,

We recently had a Hadoop cluster upgrade, after which my Giraph applications failed with the
following fatal exception in the yarn log:

2016-09-30 14:34:40,229 FATAL [AsyncDispatcher event handler] org.apache.hadoop.yarn.event.AsyncDispatcher:
Error in dispatcher thread
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: HADOOP_CLASSPATH
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.util.MRApps.setClasspath(MRApps.java:248)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.job.impl.TaskAttemptImpl.getInitialClasspath(TaskAttemptImpl.java:621)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.job.impl.TaskAttemptImpl.createCommonContainerLaunchContext(TaskAttemptImpl.java:757)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.job.impl.TaskAttemptImpl.createContainerLaunchContext(TaskAttemptImpl.java:821)

After several days of sleuthing, I found the fix.  If I set “mapreduce.job.classloader”
to  “true”, the kidney stone passes and life returns to normal.

I submit this to the list as a humanitarian act, in case others encounter this problem.

Tom Schweiger
Senior Software Architect
Identity Services and Shared Data (ISSD)
ebay Seattle
411 108th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
Office: (425) 586-2669
email: thschweiger@ebay.com<https://molecule.corp.ebay.com/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=QeD8CR5Xiy3Tz6qKdMgePxSzKjSKUFu7998AfXtIAULshyGkd9bSCG0AYQBpAGwAdABvADoAdABoAHMAYwBoAHcAZQBpAGcAZQByAEAAZQBiAGEAeQAuAGMAbwBtAA..&URL=mailto%3athschweiger%40ebay.com>