Dear all,

I am trying to run a Graph job on a cluster running Hadoop 2.6.0 under Cloudera 5.7.0. I built my project using the hadoop libraries made for Cloudera, but there’s a problem with the Graph Runner.

It seems like since version 5.6.0 the method “setPingInterval” isn’t public anymore; Giraph 1.1.0-hadoop2 (built using vanilla hadoop-common) still tries to call that method generating the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.setPingInterval(Lorg/apache/hadoop/conf/Configuration;I)V from class org.apache.giraph.job.GiraphJob
at org.apache.giraph.job.GiraphJob.run(GiraphJob.java:213)
at org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner.run(GiraphRunner.java:94)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:84)
at org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner.main(GiraphRunner.java:124)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.run(RunJar.java:221)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:136

Does anybody of you already experience this problem?

Thanks and cheers :)

I=============
Dr. Alessio Arleo

PhD student in Industrial and Information Engineering @ University of Perugia

Linkedin: it.linkedin.com/in/IngArleo
Skype: Ing. Alessio Arleo
E-Mail: ingarleo@icloud.com

Ing. Alessio Arleo

Dottorando in Ingegneria Industriale e dell’Informazione

Dottore Magistrale in Ingegneria Informatica e dell’Automazione
Dottore in Ingegneria Informatica ed Elettronica

Skype: Ing. Alessio Arleo

Tel: +39 075 5853920
Cell: +39 349 0575782