giraph-user mailing list archives

From José Luis Larroque <larroques...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Master compute and workers
Date Wed, 23 Dec 2015 00:52:17 GMT
I believe that you are seeing this from a weird perspective. Personal
opinion's aside, maybe reading pregel's paper could be of great benefit,
because Giraph is based on it.

Regarding to your questions:
Workers stop when all* vertex* are halt, and every worker has a partition
of vertex. Applicacion Manager (master) halt when all workers are done.

A worker will wake up, if one of its vertex is active again, for example,
because it's receiving a message.