giraph-user mailing list archives

From Anton Petersson <a.o.peters...@gmail.com>
Subject How can I build giraph 1.1.0-hadoop2 distribution from the source?
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2015 09:46:53 GMT
Hello everyone,

//first of all, sorry for reposting this message.
//I have mistakenly set the wrong title on the previous message.

I am working on the source code of giraph 1.1.0, and I am supposed to
customize the code and rebuild the distribution 1.1.0-hadoop2, as the
application code is written for that specific distribution.

However, I do not know how to build giraph-dist-1.1.0-src.tar.gz
<https://archive.apache.org/dist/giraph/giraph-1.1.0/giraph-dist-1.1.0-src.tar.gz>
from
giraph-dist-1.1.0-hadoop2-bin.tar.gz
<https://archive.apache.org/dist/giraph/giraph-1.1.0/giraph-dist-1.1.0-hadoop2-bin.tar.gz>.,
which are both included in the 1.1.0 release. I try the following two maven
commands,

 - mvn -Phadoop_2 -fae -DskipTests clean install
 - mvn clean install -Phadoop_2 -Dhadoop.version=2.5.1 -DskipTests

but they do not compile into the following distribution.

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.giraph</groupId>
    <artifactId>giraph-core</artifactId>
    <version>1.1.0-hadoop2</version>
  </dependency>

And thus my application code cannot function properly. How can I build
giraph 1.1.0-hadoop2 distribution from the source? I will very much
appreciate your help!

Cheers,
Anton