giraph-user mailing list archives

From "Panagiotis Liakos" <P.Lia...@di.uoa.gr>
Subject Re: Error executing SimplePageRankComputation
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 14:49:14 GMT
Thank you for the reply Sonja,

I am following the quick start guide in the Apache Giraph website so I'm
working in a single-node, pseudo-distributed cluster.

I have no idea why there are 2 map tasks, my configuration is the following:

<property>
<name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
<value>hdnode01:54311</value>
</property>

<property>
<name>mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum</name>
<value>4</value>
</property>

<property>
<name>mapred.map.tasks</name>
<value>4</value>
</property>

There is an exception in the tasklog with the error I posted in my
previous e-mail: Task attempt_201507131607_0013_m_000000_0 failed to
report status for 600 seconds. Killing!

However, I should also say that I managed to execute the example a little
earlier by additionally providing the -masterCompute argument (-mc
org.apache.giraph.examples.SimplePageRankComputation\$SimplePageRankMasterCompute)

I wonder if this is a prerequisite for the SimplePageRankComputation and
why it is not the case with SimpleShortestPathsComputation. Does anyone
have any idea on that?

Thank you,
Panagiotis