giraph-user mailing list archives

From Kai Schlegel <kai.schle...@googlemail.com>
Subject Vertex data not persisted through supersteps
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 15:20:02 GMT
Hi everybody,

I encounter a strange behaviour in my Apache Giraph implementations.

In my computation I want to update a counter in my vertex data object. But in the end or even
in the next superstep the counter is always zero. Do I forget something simple? Do I have
to manually update the vertex value object?

Simple Example:

>> In compute:
MyVertextData vertexValue = vertex.getValue();
vertextvalue.increaseCounter();
…

<<

>> MyVertextData.class
…
private Integer counter = 0;

 @Override
    out.writeInt(this.counter);
}

@Override
    this.counter = in.readInt()
}

public void increaseCounter() {
    this.counter = this.counter + 1;
}
<<

Thank you in advance!

Greetings!
_____________________________
Kai Schlegel (M.Sc.)

Chair of Distributed and Multimedia Information Systems (Prof. Kosch)
University of Passau
Innstr. 43
94032 Passau

Room 248 ITZ