giraph-user mailing list archives

From Kenrick Fernandes <kenrick....@gmail.com>
Subject Developing Giraph in an IDE
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 02:05:31 GMT
Hello,

I have tried unsuccessfully to setup a local development environment to
develop applications and play with Giraph code. So far, ive used a few
tutorials and list threads for Eclipse and IntelliJ Community, and even
tried adding the Hadoop project itself to the dependencies (compiling
Giraph Hadoop_2 profile with Hadoop 2.6.0). I can get Maven to build the
project successfully outside of an IDE, but not within it. Im fine with
both Windows and Linux as dev environments.

Does anyone have either a detailed tutorial to setup Giraph within an IDE
that allows local compilation and testing, or a different dev process for
remote clusters that works for you ?

Suggestions and thoughts would be much appreciated - im certain there are
others out there with the same problem.

Thanks,
Kenrick