giraph-user mailing list archives

From Young Han <young....@uwaterloo.ca>
Subject Re: where is the log files
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 16:24:56 GMT
Suppose you've created HDFS in ~/. Then the log files are in
~/hadoop_data/hadoop_local-YOURUSER/userlogs/job_yyyymmdd_xxxx/attempt_yyyymmdd_xxxx_*/log-file
where:

- yyyymmdd is the date you started Hadoop
- xxxx is the job number
- attempt_* will be different for different workers
- log-file can be stderr, stdout, or syslog

Typically you want to look at syslog for anything printed using log4j.
Metrics, if enabled, will show up in stderr.

If you're running distributed, each machine will log things to their local
disk. You can also get to the logs by going to (assuming your Hadoop files
are in ~/) ~/hadoop-x.y.z/logs/userlogs: the folders in here contain
symlinks to the directories above.

Young