giraph-user mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <motley.crue....@gmail.com>
Subject java.lang.IllegalStateException: Giraph's estimated cluster heap 2000MB ask is greater than the current available cluster heap of 0MB. Aborting Job.
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 01:56:32 GMT
Giraph Gurus:

I'm running Giraph using Hadoop 2.5.2 on a 5 node cluster.  But when I
try to run
the SimpleShortestPathsComputation example, I get this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Giraph's
estimated cluster heap 2000MB ask is greater than the current
available cluster heap of 0MB. Aborting Job.

So far I've been unable to determine why Giraph thinks the cluster has
a 0MB heap.  I've set YARN_HEAPSIZE and HADOOP_HEAPSIZE in yarn-env.sh
and hadoop-env.sh respectively, and in yarn-site.xml I have:

 <property>
    <name>yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb</name>
    <value>8960</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>yarn.scheduler.minimum-allocation-mb</name>
    <value>2048</value>
  </property>

Any idea what is going on with this?

Thanks,

Phil
---
This message optimized for indexing by NSA PRISM