giraph-user mailing list archives

From RainShine <rainshin...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Giraph 1.1.0 vs 1.0.0
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 16:19:55 GMT
  Hi Alessio,

in contrast to 1.0.0, you main graph algorithmn is now contained in the „compute“ method
of a subclass of „BasicComputation“. Your Vertex does not contain the code anymore. Instead
the previously mentioned compute method is called for every node and is handed the corresponding
vertex as an argument.

To cut a long story short:
1. Algorithmn code -> Subclass of BasicComputation
2. Some minor adaptions to fit the new class structure

I hope this helps,
Björn
> On Feb 9, 2015, at 5:06 PM, Alessio Arleo <ingarleo@icloud.com> wrote:
>

> Hello everybody :)
>

> I have programmed a few jobs for Giraph 1.0.0 and now I would like to upgrade them to
be compatible with Giraph 1.1.0. I have a few question though, and I can’t find a guide
online (poor googling maybe, if you know one just point me there and accept my excuses).

> However, I would like to ask you just one question: how come the Computation interface
supports two types of messages (incoming and outgoing)?