giraph-user mailing list archives

From Alessio Arleo <ingar...@icloud.com>
Subject Graph 1.1.0 - Worker failed during input split (currently not supported)
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 08:56:27 GMT
Hello everybody
I’m here to share my experience with the error “Worker failed during input split (currently
not supported)”. I have seen several help requests in this mailing list asking for help
for this kind of situation, so I’d like to share my experience: it could help at least some
of you.
This is the incriminated error log:
> barrierOnWorkerList: Missing chosen workers [Worker(hostname=01hw789772,
> MRtaskID=1, port=30001)] on superstep -1
> 2014-11-25 20:55:13,590 ERROR org.apache.giraph.master.MasterThread:
> masterThread: Master algorithm failed with IllegalStateException
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: coordinateVertexInputSplits: Worker failed
> during input split (currently not supported)
In my case the error was related to Giraph-904 bug (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GIRAPH-904).
In fact, in the first line the system logs that there are missing workers (and my hostname
was written in only lowercase chars, while my former hostname had both lowercase and uppercase
chars). I managed to solve my issue by using a hostname made up by only lowercase chars.

Hope this helps someone: in the meantime, I’ll report that this issue is still open (and
not fixed) in Jira.

Ing. Alessio Arleo

Dottorando in Ingegneria Industriale e dell’Informazione

Dottore Magistrale in Ingegneria Informatica e dell’Automazione
Dottore in Ingegneria Informatica ed Elettronica

Linkedin: it.linkedin.com/in/IngArleo <http://it.linkedin.com/in/IngArleo>
Skype: Ing. Alessio Arleo

Tel: +39 075 5853920
Cell: +39 349 0575782