giraph-user mailing list archives

From "Ing. Alessio Arleo" <ingar...@icloud.com>
Subject Re: Giraph 1.1.0 vs 1.0.0
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 18:18:42 GMT
Bjorn, thank you very much for your quick and kind answer.

But still I can not understand the reason why there are two types of messages (IN & OUT)
when defining the computation.

Anyway, I managed to solve (in my case, at least) a problem which some users encountered with
Giraph 1.1.0, the “infamous” message:

ERROR org.apache.giraph.master.MasterThread:
masterThread: Master algorithm failed with IllegalStateException
java.lang.IllegalStateException: coordinateVertexInputSplits: Worker failed
during input split (currently not supported)
But I will open another thread to discuss about that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ing. Alessio Arleo

Dottorando in Ingegneria Industriale e dell’Informazione

Dottore Magistrale in Ingegneria Informatica e dell’Automazione
Dottore in Ingegneria Informatica ed Elettronica

Linkedin: it.linkedin.com/in/IngArleo <http://it.linkedin.com/in/IngArleo>
Skype: Ing. Alessio Arleo

Tel: +39 075 5853920
Cell: +39 349 0575782

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> On 09 Feb 2015, at 17:19, RainShine <rainshine79@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Alessio,
>
> in contrast to 1.0.0, you main graph algorithmn is now contained in the „compute“
method of a subclass of „BasicComputation“. Your Vertex does not contain the code anymore.
Instead the previously mentioned compute method is called for every node and is handed the
corresponding vertex as an argument.

> To cut a long story short:
> 1. Algorithmn code -> Subclass of BasicComputation
> 2. Some minor adaptions to fit the new class structure
>
> I hope this helps,
> Björn
>> On Feb 9, 2015, at 5:06 PM, Alessio Arleo <ingarleo@icloud.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello everybody :)
>>
>> I have programmed a few jobs for Giraph 1.0.0 and now I would like to upgrade them
to be compatible with Giraph 1.1.0. I have a few question though, and I can’t find a guide
online (poor googling maybe, if you know one just point me there and accept my excuses).

>> However, I would like to ask you just one question: how come the Computation interface
supports two types of messages (incoming and outgoing)?