giraph-user mailing list archives

From Philipp Nolte <...@daslaboratorium.de>
Subject Re: Compiling Giraph for Hadoop 2.5.x and 2.6.0 -- SASL_PROPS variable error
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 11:36:29 GMT
I have managed to compile Giraph 1.1.0 for hadoop 2.5.1 with YARN (without STATIC_SASL) but
have not yet got it to work on my cluster (neither YARN nor MR).

Off-topic: Its a bit frustrating. I really had my hopes up on Giraph 1.1.0. YARN has been
the default for hadoop for quite a while now. Lets just hope t hat Giraph manages to catch
up soon or people will be looking at other solutions.

I can’t roll back the cluster to Hadoop 2.0.3 (Giraph apparently works for that version
with YARN), so I just have to keep trying to get it to work with MapReduce.

Am 15.12.2014 um 09:21 schrieb Dr. Alessio Arleo <ingarleo@icloud.com>:

> Thank you very much Philipp for your kind answer :) In the end I managed to compile giraph
1.1 for hadoop 2.6.0 on PURE_YARN profile by removing the STATIC_SASL_SYMBOL but when I tried
to run the example algorithms the computation resulted in an error (a container returned a
mysterious “127” error code). To be honest, for me Giraph 1.1.0 is not working at all
(even when building it on the hadoop_2 or hadoop_1 profiles), on Yarn and on MR either; I
had to rollback to Giraph 1.0.0 on Hadoop 1.2.0 to be able at least to run the shortest path
example. But that’s off-topic.

> I think that this issue could be marked as “resolved” because I was able to build
it in the end, but I am not sure that the software built is a working jar.