giraph-user mailing list archives

From Philipp Nolte <...@daslaboratorium.de>
Subject Re: ClassNotFoundException GiraphYarn Task with Giraph 1.1.0 for Hadoop 2.5.1
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 00:09:19 GMT
I’ve had a look at the assembled giraph-core jar file and it does not contain any GiraphYarnTask.
How so?

Running my application using the GiraphRunner works fine as long as I only have one worker
(local mode). To use the other workers, I need to start MR TaskTrackers on the machines -
which aren’t available on hadoop 2.5.1.

Thats why I need the GiraphYarnTask.

Am 15.12.2014 um 00:41 schrieb Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org>:

> Fixing YARN backend would be nice, but in the meantime, what
> prevents you from using a MR backend? That is known to work.
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.
>
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 2:41 PM, Philipp Nolte <ptn@daslaboratorium.de> wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I have been developing a Giraph application and now wanted to try it on my four-machine
cluster running Hadoop 2.5.1.

>> My Giraph application is packaged with Giraph 1.1.0-RC1 and all its dependencies.
>>
>> I’ve built Giraph and installed it into my local repository using the hadoop_2
profile running and built my application as a jar with all dependencies (with giraph-core
1.1.0-RC1).

>> My application runs nicely with GiraphRunner and one worker on my local machine and
on the cluster’s master. But as I have a small Hadooop 2.5.1 cluster, I need to use GiraphYarnTask
to utilize all its workers.