giraph-user mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Can't complete Shortest Path Example: error code 127
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 23:16:20 GMT
Is there any reason you actually *need* Giraph to run on YARN?
If you don't get any benefit out of it -- just go with the default MR model.

Thanks,
Roman.

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 11:58 PM, Alessio Arleo <ingarleo@icloud.com> wrote:
> Thanks Roman for your reply :) in first place, I am pretty new to Giraph and Hadoop.
For what I could learn, Yarn is the result a of a complete overhaul of MR, so I thought I
could be wise to focus on the new technology: should I rollback to Hadoop_2 profile instead
of pure_yarn? Or am I just missing the whole picture?