giraph-user mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: ClassNotFoundException GiraphYarn Task with Giraph 1.1.0 for Hadoop 2.5.1
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2014 23:41:20 GMT
Fixing YARN backend would be nice, but in the meantime, what
prevents you from using a MR backend? That is known to work.

Thanks,
Roman.

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 2:41 PM, Philipp Nolte <ptn@daslaboratorium.de> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have been developing a Giraph application and now wanted to try it on my four-machine
cluster running Hadoop 2.5.1.

> My Giraph application is packaged with Giraph 1.1.0-RC1 and all its dependencies.
>
> I’ve built Giraph and installed it into my local repository using the hadoop_2 profile
running and built my application as a jar with all dependencies (with giraph-core 1.1.0-RC1).

> My application runs nicely with GiraphRunner and one worker on my local machine and on
the cluster’s master. But as I have a small Hadooop 2.5.1 cluster, I need to use GiraphYarnTask
to utilize all its workers.