giraph-user mailing list archives

From Alessandro Negro <alenegr...@yahoo.it>
Subject Re: Run giraph on Hadoop yarn 2.6.0
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 11:41:36 GMT
Hi Flavian,
do you try follow all this thread:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/giraph-user/201411.mbox/%3cCA+BectmBb2x3MXsn_e0G_4iUWtwLHVWYYteu9HDVt+h7VQUMgg@mail.gmail.com%3e

In any case I’ll test it as soon as I can against the new version.

Cheers,
Alessandro

Il giorno 02/dic/2014, alle ore 11:09, Flavian Jacquot <tki1.50@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hello, I'm trying to use Giraph on hadoop 2.6.0 with yarn.
>
> I've managed to build it by removing STATIC_SASL_SYMBOL in <munge.symbols> in the
yarn profile. with the command :
> sudo mvn -Phadoop_yarn -Dhadoop.version=2.6.0 -DskipTests package
>
> Then i've setup a single node cluster with hadoop 2.6.0 and I'm able to perform the basic
wordcount example.
> I've copied the jar built into the directory share/hadoop/mapreduce to remove the GiraphMaster
not found execption.

> Now I'm trying to run the SimpleShortestPaths example with the command :
>
> $HADOOP_PREFIX/bin/hadoop jar /usr/local/giraph/giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.6.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar
org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation -vif
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat -vip input_tiny2.txt
-vof org.apache.giraph.io.formats.IdWithValueTextOutputFormat -op /user/hduser/output/shortestpaths445
-w 1 -ca giraph.SplitMasterWorker=false -yj giraph-examples-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.6.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar

> The data used is the tiny graph on the giraph quick start page and the job should takes
minutes to complete but it doesn't.

> The full log is at http://pastebin.com/CW1FnWz2
>
> It's possible to make giraph work on hadoop 2.6.0 or do I have to use an earlier version
? If so which one would you suggest ?