giraph-user mailing list archives

From Alessio Arleo <ingar...@icloud.com>
Subject MapWritables as messages
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2014 09:59:30 GMT
Hello everyone.

For my custom Giraph Job I chose MapWritables as messages for my vertices.

I got this weird exception (attached below) while trying to run it: the first run goes ok,
but then it crashes. I think it can be a serialization/deserialization problem.

I would like to know if I am the only one experiencing this kind of problem and if you guys
have any suggestion to make.

Thanks in advance. Here is the trace of the error:

########
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: next:
IOException
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
	at org.apache.giraph.utils.ProgressableUtils$FutureWaitable.waitFor(ProgressableUtils.java:271)
	at org.apache.giraph.utils.ProgressableUtils.waitFor(ProgressableUtils.java:143)
	... 13 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: next: IOException
	at org.apache.giraph.utils.ByteArrayVertexIdData$VertexIdDataIterator.next(ByteArrayVertexIdData.java:211)
	at org.apache.giraph.comm.messages.ByteArrayMessagesPerVertexStore.addPartitionMessages(ByteArrayMessagesPerVertexStore.java:116)
	at org.apache.giraph.comm.requests.SendWorkerMessagesRequest.doRequest(SendWorkerMessagesRequest.java:72)
	at org.apache.giraph.comm.netty.NettyWorkerClientRequestProcessor.doRequest(NettyWorkerClientRequestProcessor.java:470)
	at org.apache.giraph.comm.netty.NettyWorkerClientRequestProcessor.flush(NettyWorkerClientRequestProcessor.java:419)
	at org.apache.giraph.graph.ComputeCallable.call(ComputeCallable.java:193)
	at org.apache.giraph.graph.ComputeCallable.call(ComputeCallable.java:70)
	at org.apache.giraph.utils.LogStacktraceCallable.call(LogStacktraceCallable.java:51)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: ensureRemaining: Only 720 bytes remaining, trying to read
5888
	at org.apache.giraph.utils.UnsafeByteArrayInputStream.ensureRemaining(UnsafeByteArrayInputStream.java:114)
	at org.apache.giraph.utils.UnsafeByteArrayInputStream.readFully(UnsafeByteArrayInputStream.java:128)
	at org.apache.giraph.utils.UnsafeByteArrayInputStream.readUTF(UnsafeByteArrayInputStream.java:275)
	at org.apache.hadoop.io.AbstractMapWritable.readFields(AbstractMapWritable.java:199)
	at org.apache.hadoop.io.MapWritable.readFields(MapWritable.java:146)
	at org.apache.giraph.utils.ByteArrayVertexIdMessages.readData(ByteArrayVertexIdMessages.java:76)
	at org.apache.giraph.utils.ByteArrayVertexIdMessages.readData(ByteArrayVertexIdMessages.java:34)
	at org.apache.giraph.utils.ByteArrayVertexIdData$VertexIdDataIterator.next(ByteArrayVertexIdData.java:209)
	... 11 more
#####

Dott. Alessio Arleo

Dottorando in Ingegneria Industriale e dell’Informazione

Dottore in Ingegneria Informatica ed Elettronica
Dottore Magistrale in Ingegneria Informatica e dell’Automazione

Linkedin: it.linkedin.com/in/IngArleo <http://it.linkedin.com/in/IngArleo>
Skype: Dr. Alessio Arleo

Tel: +39 075 5853920
Cell: +39 349 0575782