giraph-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Eli Reisman <apache.mail...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with Giraph on Yarn
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2014 20:39:53 GMT
Sounds like you got it figured out since last time I checked this list,
sorry it was a pain. Feel free to drop a JIRA ticket if we can make help
message etc. for -yj option more clear, there's lots to improve there.

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 7:26 AM, Alessandro Negro <alenegro81@yahoo.it>
wrote:

> Hi Tripti,
> finally I was able to run the test with success. It was an issue of
> permission since I was running as ale not as yarn.
> Let me say that now I’m able to run graph examples on Yarn 2.5.1. This is
> the final result:
>
> 14/11/08 16:24:00 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Completed Giraph:
> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation: SUCCEEDED, total
> running time: 0 minutes, 21 seconds.
>
>
> Many thanks for your support,
> Alessandro
>
> Il giorno 06/nov/2014, alle ore 15:16, Tripti Singh <tripti@yahoo-inc.com>
> ha scritto:
>
>  I don't know if u have access to this node. But if u do, u could check
> if the file is indeed there and u have access to it.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 06-Nov-2014, at 6:12 pm, "Alessandro Negro" <alenegro81@yahoo.it>
> wrote:
>
>  You are right it works, but now I receive the following error:
>
>  SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
> SLF4J: Found binding in
> [jar:file:/private/tmp/hadoop-yarn/nm-local-dir/usercache/ale/appcache/application_1415264041937_0009/filecache/10/giraph-examples-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
> SLF4J: Found binding in
> [jar:file:/opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/common/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
> SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an
> explanation.
> SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory]
> 2014-11-06 13:15:37.120 java[10158:1803] Unable to load realm info from
> SCDynamicStore
> Exception in thread "pool-4-thread-1" java.lang.IllegalStateException:
> Could not configure the containerlaunch context for GiraphYarnTasks.
> at
> org.apache.giraph.yarn.GiraphApplicationMaster.getTaskResourceMap(GiraphApplicationMaster.java:391)
> at
> org.apache.giraph.yarn.GiraphApplicationMaster.access$500(GiraphApplicationMaster.java:78)
> at
> org.apache.giraph.yarn.GiraphApplicationMaster$LaunchContainerRunnable.buildContainerLaunchContext(GiraphApplicationMaster.java:522)
> at
> org.apache.giraph.yarn.GiraphApplicationMaster$LaunchContainerRunnable.run(GiraphApplicationMaster.java:479)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist:
> hdfs://hadoop-master:9000/user/yarn/giraph_yarn_jar_cache/application_1415264041937_0009/giraph-examples-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$17.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:1072)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$17.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:1064)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystemLinkResolver.resolve(FileSystemLinkResolver.java:81)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.getFileStatus(DistributedFileSystem.java:1064)
> at
> org.apache.giraph.yarn.YarnUtils.addFileToResourceMap(YarnUtils.java:153)
> at org.apache.giraph.yarn.YarnUtils.addFsResourcesToMap(YarnUtils.java:77)
> at
> org.apache.giraph.yarn.GiraphApplicationMaster.getTaskResourceMap(GiraphApplicationMaster.java:387)
> ... 6 more
>
>
>  That justify the other error I receive in the task:
>
>  Could not find or load main class org.apache.giraph.yarn.GiraphYarnTask
>
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Il giorno 06/nov/2014, alle ore 13:07, Tripti Singh <tripti@yahoo-inc.com>
> ha scritto:
>
>  Why r u adding two jars? Example jar ideally contains core library so
> everything should be available with just one example jar included
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 06-Nov-2014, at 4:33 pm, "Alessandro Negro" <alenegro81@yahoo.it>
> wrote:
>
>  Hi,
> now it seems better, I need to add:
>
>
> giraph-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar,giraph-examples-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar
>
>
>  Now it seems that after a lot of cycle it fail with this error:
>
>  Could not find or load main class org.apache.giraph.yarn.GiraphYarnTask
>
>  But in this case the error appear in task-3-stderr.log  not
> in gam-stderr.log where there is the following error:
>
>  LF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
> SLF4J: Found binding in
> [jar:file:/private/tmp/hadoop-yarn/nm-local-dir/usercache/ale/appcache/application_1415264041937_0006/filecache/12/giraph-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
> SLF4J: Found binding in
> [jar:file:/private/tmp/hadoop-yarn/nm-local-dir/usercache/ale/appcache/application_1415264041937_0006/filecache/10/giraph-examples-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
> SLF4J: Found binding in
> [jar:file:/opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/common/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
> SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an
> explanation.
> SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory]
> 2014-11-06 11:31:25.186 java[8162:1803] Unable to load realm info from
> SCDynamicStore
> Exception in thread "pool-4-thread-1" java.lang.IllegalStateException:
> Could not configure the containerlaunch context for GiraphYarnTasks.
> at
> org.apache.giraph.yarn.GiraphApplicationMaster.getTaskResourceMap(GiraphApplicationMaster.java:391)
> at
> org.apache.giraph.yarn.GiraphApplicationMaster.access$500(GiraphApplicationMaster.java:78)
> at
> org.apache.giraph.yarn.GiraphApplicationMaster$LaunchContainerRunnable.buildContainerLaunchContext(GiraphApplicationMaster.java:522)
> at
> org.apache.giraph.yarn.GiraphApplicationMaster$LaunchContainerRunnable.run(GiraphApplicationMaster.java:479)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist:
> hdfs://hadoop-master:9000/user/yarn/giraph_yarn_jar_cache/application_1415264041937_0006/giraph-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$17.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:1072)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$17.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:1064)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystemLinkResolver.resolve(FileSystemLinkResolver.java:81)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.getFileStatus(DistributedFileSystem.java:1064)
> at
> org.apache.giraph.yarn.YarnUtils.addFileToResourceMap(YarnUtils.java:153)
> at org.apache.giraph.yarn.YarnUtils.addFsResourcesToMap(YarnUtils.java:77)
> at
> org.apache.giraph.yarn.GiraphApplicationMaster.getTaskResourceMap(GiraphApplicationMaster.java:387)
> ... 6 more
>
>
>  Il giorno 06/nov/2014, alle ore 11:32, Tripti Singh <tripti@yahoo-inc.com>
> ha scritto:
>
>  Hi,
> I remember seeing this thread, but since i was already deep into fixing
> this issue in production, I didn't really wait for the patch, not even the
> munge symbol as I was not even able to compile the yarn profile( sorry for
> being so ruthless to giraph :-( )
> I did later cross check with the patch and it was quite similar to my
> change but sure it wouldn't work for all profiles(in fact some profiles may
> even break due to Hadoop class incompatibility ) I can share those changes
> with u once I get back to my computer but I don't think that could have
> caused this problem.
> Just try the small changed I mentioned in my previous reply and let me
> know if that helped.
>
>  Thanks,
> Tripti
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 06-Nov-2014, at 3:52 pm, "Alessandro Negro" <alenegro81@yahoo.it>
> wrote:
>
>  Hi Tripti,
> let me add one info, As you can see from this thread of email:
>
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/giraph-user/201410.mbox/%3CC3F75A98-BDE8-4205-971F-1F7241E6E83F@yahoo.it%3E
>
>  I had some issue while compiling for Hadoop 2.5.1 could be that into the
> process I loose something?
>
>  Thanks again,
> Alessandro
>
>
>
>  Il giorno 06/nov/2014, alle ore 10:47, Alessandro Negro <
> alenegro81@yahoo.it> ha scritto:
>
>  Hi Tripti,
> yes I run in this way:
>
>
>  $HADOOP_INSTALL/bin/hadoop jar
> /Users/ale/extprj/giraph/giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar
> org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner
> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation -vif
> org.apache.giraph.io.formats.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat
> -vip /tiny_graph.txt -vof
> org.apache.giraph.io.formats.IdWithValueTextOutputFormat -op /shortestpaths
> -w 1 -yj
> /Users/ale/extprj/giraph/giraph-core/target/giraph-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar,/Users/ale/extprj/giraph/giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar
>
>  And this is the complete trace:
>
>  2014-11-06 10:06:05.638 java[7778:1903] Unable to load realm info from
> SCDynamicStore
> 14/11/06 10:06:05 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop
> library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO utils.ConfigurationUtils: No edge input format
> specified. Ensure your InputFormat does not require one.
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO utils.ConfigurationUtils: No edge output format
> specified. Ensure your OutputFormat does not require one.
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Final output path is:
> hdfs://hadoop-master:9000/shortestpaths
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Running Client
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO client.RMProxy: Connecting to ResourceManager at /
> 0.0.0.0:8032
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Got node report from ASM
> for, nodeId=10.61.137.28:59677, nodeAddress 10.61.137.28:8042,
> nodeRackName /default-rack, nodeNumContainers 0
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Defaulting per-task heap
> size to 1024MB.
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Obtained new Application ID:
> application_1415264041937_0005
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO Configuration.deprecation: mapred.job.id is
> deprecated. Instead, use mapreduce.job.id
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Set the environment for the
> application master
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Environment for AM
> :{CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:./*:$HADOOP_CONF_DIR:$HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/share/hadoop/common/*:$HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/share/hadoop/common/lib/*:$HADOOP_HDFS_HOME/share/hadoop/hdfs/*:$HADOOP_HDFS_HOME/share/hadoop/hdfs/lib/*:$HADOOP_YARN_HOME/share/hadoop/yarn/*:$HADOOP_YARN_HOME/share/hadoop/yarn/lib/*:$HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME/share/hadoop/mapreduce/*:$HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME/share/hadoop/mapreduce/lib/*}
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: buildLocalResourceMap ....
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Registered file in LocalResources
> ::
> hdfs://hadoop-master:9000/user/ale/giraph_yarn_jar_cache/application_1415264041937_0005/giraph-conf.xml
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: LIB JARS
> :/Users/ale/extprj/giraph/giraph-core/target/giraph-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar,/Users/ale/extprj/giraph/giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name .
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking .
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name null
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking null
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/etc/hadoop
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/etc/hadoop
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/common/lib/*
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/common/lib
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/common/*
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/common
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/hdfs
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/hdfs
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/hdfs/lib/*
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/hdfs/lib
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/hdfs/*
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/hdfs
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/yarn/lib/*
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/yarn/lib
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/yarn/*
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/yarn
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/mapreduce/lib/*
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/mapreduce/lib
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/mapreduce/*
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/mapreduce
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/myLib/*.jar
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/myLib
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
> /Users/ale/extprj/giraph/myGiraph/*.jar
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
> /Users/ale/extprj/giraph/myGiraph
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
> /Users/ale/extprj/giraph/myGiraph/lib/*.jar
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
> /Users/ale/extprj/giraph/myGiraph/lib
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
> /contrib/capacity-scheduler/*.jar
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
> /contrib/capacity-scheduler
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: ApplicationSumbissionContext
> for GiraphApplicationMaster launch container is populated.
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Submitting application to ASM
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO impl.YarnClientImpl: Submitted application
> application_1415264041937_0005
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Got new appId after
> submission :application_1415264041937_0005
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: GiraphApplicationMaster
> container request was submitted to ResourceManager for job: Giraph:
> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation
> 14/11/06 10:06:07 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Giraph:
> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation, Elapsed: 0,83
> secs
> 14/11/06 10:06:07 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient:
> appattempt_1415264041937_0005_000001, State: ACCEPTED, Containers used: 1
> 14/11/06 10:06:10 ERROR yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Giraph:
> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation reports FAILED
> state, diagnostics show: Application application_1415264041937_0005 failed
> 2 times due to AM Container for appattempt_1415264041937_0005_000002 exited
> with  exitCode: 1 due to: Exception from container-launch:
> ExitCodeException exitCode=1:
> ExitCodeException exitCode=1:
> at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:538)
> at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.run(Shell.java:455)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ShellCommandExecutor.execute(Shell.java:702)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.DefaultContainerExecutor.launchContainer(DefaultContainerExecutor.java:195)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch.call(ContainerLaunch.java:300)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch.call(ContainerLaunch.java:81)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
>
>
>  Container exited with a non-zero exit code 1
> .Failing this attempt.. Failing the application.
> 14/11/06 10:06:10 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Cleaning up HDFS distributed
> cache directory for Giraph job.
> 14/11/06 10:06:10 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Completed Giraph:
> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation: FAILED, total
> running time: 0 minutes, 3 seconds.
> ale:~/extprj/giraph/myGiraph />yarn logs -applicationId
> application_1415264041937_0005
>
>  As you can see there is this piece:
>
>  14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: LIB JARS
> :/Users/ale/extprj/giraph/giraph-core/target/giraph-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar,/Users/ale/extprj/giraph/giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar
>
>
>  But I continue to receive the error:
>
>  Thanks,
> Alessandro
>
>
>  Il giorno 06/nov/2014, alle ore 10:25, Tripti Singh <tripti@yahoo-inc.com>
> ha scritto:
>
>  For GiraphApplicationMaster not found, the simple thing that worked for
> me was adding a -yj parameter to my command.
> (hadoop jar {jar-file-path} {path to giraph runner} {computation-class}
> {bunch of parameters} -yj {jar-file-name})
> If u look at job logs,
> Do u see a log statement defining "LIB JARS"?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 06-Nov-2014, at 2:45 pm, "Alessandro Negro" <alenegro81@yahoo.it>
> wrote:
>
>  Hi,
> yea my logs shows that error. I follow this example:
>
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/giraph-user/201408.mbox/%3C53F4C689.5060101@web.de%3E
>
>  without success.
> Then I try to add all jars I can from giraph adding the following lines
> into the hadoop-env.sh:
>
>  export
> MYLIB=/opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/myLib/*.jar:/Users/ale/extprj/giraph/myGiraph/*.jar:/Users/ale/extprj/giraph/myGiraph/lib/*.jar
> export HADOOP_CLASSPATH=$HADOOP_CLASSPATH:$MYLIB
>
>
>  when I run the application now I see this:
>
>  14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/mapreduce
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/myLib/*.jar
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/myLib
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
> /Users/ale/extprj/giraph/myGiraph/*.jar
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
> /Users/ale/extprj/giraph/myGiraph
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
> /Users/ale/extprj/giraph/myGiraph/lib/*.jar
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
> /Users/ale/extprj/giraph/myGiraph/lib
>
>
>  But again the same error. What I think is that there is no problem in
> the library but while is starting up.
> I saw this piece in the logs:
>
>  14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient:
> ApplicationSumbissionContext for GiraphApplicationMaster launch container
> is populated.
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Submitting application to ASM
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO impl.YarnClientImpl: Submitted application
> application_1415264041937_0005
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Got new appId after
> submission :application_1415264041937_0005
> 14/11/06 10:06:06 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: GiraphApplicationMaster
> container request was submitted to ResourceManager for job: Giraph:
> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation
> 14/11/06 10:06:07 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Giraph:
> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation, Elapsed: 0,83
> secs
>
>
>  That show that it is able to load GiraphApplicationMaster but fail
> during the startup.
> Where can I find more logs?
>
>  Thanks,
> Alessandro
>
>
>  Il giorno 06/nov/2014, alle ore 06:56, Tripti Singh <tripti@yahoo-inc.com>
> ha scritto:
>
>   Can u run the following command to find container logs and post it here:
>
>  yarn logs -applicationId application_1415203231170_0002
>
>  If u find this error:
>
> Could not find or load main class org.apache.giraph.yarn.GiraphApplicationMaster
>
> It may just be due to non-availablity of the yarn jars
>
>     Thanks,
>  Tripti
> Tech Yahoo
>
>    From: Jing Fan <fanjing09@gmail.com>
> Reply-To: "user@giraph.apache.org" <user@giraph.apache.org>
> Date: Thursday, November 6, 2014 at 1:56 AM
> To: "user@giraph.apache.org" <user@giraph.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Help with Giraph on Yarn
>
>   Then do you know to solve this error?
>
>   14/11/05 10:25:29 ERROR yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Giraph:
> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation reports FAILED
> state, diagnostics show: Application application_1415203231170_0002 failed
> 2 times due to AM Container for appattempt_1415203231170_0002_000002 exited
> with  exitCode: 1 due to: Exception from container-launch.
> Container id: container_1415203231170_0002_02_000001
> Exit code: 1
> Stack trace: ExitCodeException exitCode=1:
> at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:538)
> at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.run(Shell.java:455)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ShellCommandExecutor.execute(Shell.java:702)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.DefaultContainerExecutor.launchContainer(DefaultContainerExecutor.java:196)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch.call(ContainerLaunch.java:299)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch.call(ContainerLaunch.java:81)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>
>
> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 12:10 PM, Alessandro Negro <alenegro81@yahoo.it>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> in the mean time I found the reason why it hangs for long time here:
>>
>>  base path checking .
>>
>>
>>  It scan all the directory tree starting from current directory, if you
>> run it into your home (and you have a lot of files and directories) it
>> takes ages to complete.
>>
>>  I continue to got the same error.
>>
>>  Regards,
>> Alessandro
>>
>>  Il giorno 05/nov/2014, alle ore 18:33, Jing Fan <fanjing09@gmail.com>
>> ha scritto:
>>
>>  I run with:
>>
>>  hadoop jar
>> giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.0-cdh5.2.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar
>> org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner
>> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation -vif
>> org.apache.giraph.io.formats.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat
>> -vip /user/jing/tiny_graph.txt -vof
>> org.apache.giraph.io.formats.IdWithValueTextOutputFormat -op
>> /user/jing/shortestpaths -w 1 -yj
>> giraph-core/target/giraph-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.0-cdh5.2.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Alessandro Negro <alenegro81@yahoo.it>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> This is my complete logs with the command I run:
>>>
>>>
>>>  ale:~ />$HADOOP_INSTALL/bin/hadoop jar
>>> /Users/ale/extprj/giraph/giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar
>>> org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner
>>> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation -vif
>>> org.apache.giraph.io.formats.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat
>>> -vip /tiny_graph.txt -vof
>>> org.apache.giraph.io.formats.IdWithValueTextOutputFormat -op /shortestpaths
>>> -w 1
>>> 2014-11-05 13:39:30.235 java[3147:1903] Unable to load realm info from
>>> SCDynamicStore
>>> 14/11/05 13:39:30 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load
>>> native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where
>>> applicable
>>> 14/11/05 13:39:30 INFO utils.ConfigurationUtils: No edge input format
>>> specified. Ensure your InputFormat does not require one.
>>> 14/11/05 13:39:30 INFO utils.ConfigurationUtils: No edge output format
>>> specified. Ensure your OutputFormat does not require one.
>>> 14/11/05 13:39:31 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Final output path is:
>>> hdfs://hadoop-master:9000/shortestpaths
>>> 14/11/05 13:39:31 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Running Client
>>> 14/11/05 13:39:31 INFO client.RMProxy: Connecting to ResourceManager at /
>>> 0.0.0.0:8032
>>> 14/11/05 13:39:31 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Got node report from ASM
>>> for, nodeId=192.168.0.105:50658, nodeAddress 192.168.0.105:8042,
>>> nodeRackName /default-rack, nodeNumContainers 0
>>> 14/11/05 13:39:31 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Defaulting per-task heap
>>> size to 1024MB.
>>> 14/11/05 13:39:31 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Obtained new Application
>>> ID: application_1415189069846_0004
>>> 14/11/05 13:39:31 INFO Configuration.deprecation: mapred.job.id is
>>> deprecated. Instead, use mapreduce.job.id
>>> 14/11/05 13:39:31 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Set the environment for
>>> the application master
>>> 14/11/05 13:39:31 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Environment for AM
>>> :{CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:./*:$HADOOP_CONF_DIR:$HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/share/hadoop/common/*:$HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/share/hadoop/common/lib/*:$HADOOP_HDFS_HOME/share/hadoop/hdfs/*:$HADOOP_HDFS_HOME/share/hadoop/hdfs/lib/*:$HADOOP_YARN_HOME/share/hadoop/yarn/*:$HADOOP_YARN_HOME/share/hadoop/yarn/lib/*:$HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME/share/hadoop/mapreduce/*:$HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME/share/hadoop/mapreduce/lib/*}
>>> 14/11/05 13:39:31 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: buildLocalResourceMap ....
>>> 14/11/05 13:39:31 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Registered file in LocalResources
>>> ::
>>> hdfs://hadoop-master:9000/user/ale/giraph_yarn_jar_cache/application_1415189069846_0004/giraph-conf.xml
>>> 14/11/05 13:39:31 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: LIB JARS :
>>> 14/11/05 13:39:31 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name .
>>> 14/11/05 13:39:31 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking .
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name null
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking null
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
>>> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/etc/hadoop
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
>>> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/etc/hadoop
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
>>> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/common/lib/*
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
>>> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/common/lib
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
>>> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/common/*
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
>>> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/common
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
>>> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/hdfs
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
>>> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/hdfs
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
>>> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/hdfs/lib/*
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
>>> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/hdfs/lib
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
>>> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/hdfs/*
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
>>> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/hdfs
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
>>> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/yarn/lib/*
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
>>> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/yarn/lib
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
>>> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/yarn/*
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
>>> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/yarn
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
>>> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/mapreduce/lib/*
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
>>> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/mapreduce/lib
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
>>> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/mapreduce/*
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
>>> /opt/yarn/hadoop-2.5.1/share/hadoop/mapreduce
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: Class path name
>>> /contrib/capacity-scheduler/*.jar
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking
>>> /contrib/capacity-scheduler
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient:
>>> ApplicationSumbissionContext for GiraphApplicationMaster launch container
>>> is populated.
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:56 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Submitting application to
>>> ASM
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:57 INFO impl.YarnClientImpl: Submitted application
>>> application_1415189069846_0004
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:57 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Got new appId after
>>> submission :application_1415189069846_0004
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:57 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: GiraphApplicationMaster
>>> container request was submitted to ResourceManager for job: Giraph:
>>> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:57 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Giraph:
>>> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation, Elapsed: 0,82
>>> secs
>>> 14/11/05 14:42:57 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient:
>>> appattempt_1415189069846_0004_000001, State: ACCEPTED, Containers used: 1
>>> 14/11/05 14:43:01 ERROR yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Giraph:
>>> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation reports FAILED
>>> state, diagnostics show: Application application_1415189069846_0004 failed
>>> 2 times due to AM Container for appattempt_1415189069846_0004_000002 exited
>>> with  exitCode: 1 due to: Exception from container-launch:
>>> ExitCodeException exitCode=1:
>>>  ExitCodeException exitCode=1:
>>> at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:538)
>>> at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.run(Shell.java:455)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ShellCommandExecutor.execute(Shell.java:702)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.DefaultContainerExecutor.launchContainer(DefaultContainerExecutor.java:195)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch.call(ContainerLaunch.java:300)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch.call(ContainerLaunch.java:81)
>>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>>>  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
>>>
>>>
>>>  Container exited with a non-zero exit code 1
>>> .Failing this attempt.. Failing the application.
>>> 14/11/05 14:43:01 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Cleaning up HDFS
>>> distributed cache directory for Giraph job.
>>> 14/11/05 14:43:01 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Completed Giraph:
>>> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation: FAILED, total
>>> running time: 0 minutes, 3 seconds.
>>>
>>>
>>>  Il giorno 05/nov/2014, alle ore 18:17, Tripti Singh <
>>> tripti@yahoo-inc.com> ha scritto:
>>>
>>>  I faced the similar problem where the workflow just hangs.
>>> Can u see in ur logs if there is a task with id 0.
>>> I made a local fix and I could give u the patch if u see a similar
>>> problem and ur workflow is unable to find the zookeeper manager file and
>>> repeats the following message:
>>> For task xyz, got file 'null'
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Tripti
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>
>>> On 05-Nov-2014, at 10:40 pm, "Alessandro Negro" <alenegro81@yahoo.it>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi,
>>> have you seen the hadoop logs?
>>> Could you write here how are you running the command?
>>>
>>>  Thanks,
>>> Alessandro
>>>
>>>  Il giorno 05/nov/2014, alle ore 18:04, Jing Fan <fanjing09@gmail.com>
>>> ha scritto:
>>>
>>>  Yeah, I add -yj option. The result is the same. Still error here.
>>>
>>> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 10:52 AM, Alessandro Negro <alenegro81@yahoo.it>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi Jing,
>>>> I’m facing the same problem. Do you check the hadoop logs? In my case I
>>>> got:
>>>>
>>>> Could not find or load main class org.apache.giraph.yarn.GiraphApplicationMaster
>>>>
>>>>  Moreover I don’t know why my application hang for a long time here:
>>>>
>>>>  14/11/05 17:11:17 INFO yarn.YarnUtils: base path checking .
>>>>
>>>>  And then continue failing with your error into the output and the
>>>> other into the hadoop logs.
>>>>
>>>>  Did you test adding this?
>>>>
>>>>  -yj
>>>> /Users/ale/extprj/giraph/giraph-core/target/giraph-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar
>>>>
>>>>  Thanks,
>>>> Alessandro
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>  Il giorno 05/nov/2014, alle ore 17:32, Jing Fan <fanjing09@gmail.com>
>>>> ha scritto:
>>>>
>>>>  Hi,
>>>>
>>>>  I install the Giraph with Yarn.
>>>> But when I run the program with following command:
>>>>
>>>>   hadoop jar
>>>> giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.0-cdh5.2.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar
>>>> org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner
>>>> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation -vif
>>>> org.apache.giraph.io.formats.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat
>>>> -vip /user/j/tiny_graph.txt -vof
>>>> org.apache.giraph.io.formats.IdWithValueTextOutputFormat -op
>>>> /user/j/shortestpaths -w 1
>>>>
>>>>  The program exited with error:
>>>>
>>>>  14/11/05 10:25:14 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Giraph:
>>>> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation, Elapsed: 0.83
>>>> secs
>>>> 14/11/05 10:25:14 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient:
>>>> appattempt_1415203231170_0002_000001, State: ACCEPTED, Containers used: 0
>>>> 14/11/05 10:25:18 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Giraph:
>>>> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation, Elapsed: 4.84
>>>> secs
>>>> 14/11/05 10:25:18 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient:
>>>> appattempt_1415203231170_0002_000001, State: ACCEPTED, Containers used: 0
>>>> 14/11/05 10:25:22 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Giraph:
>>>> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation, Elapsed: 8.85
>>>> secs
>>>> 14/11/05 10:25:22 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient:
>>>> appattempt_1415203231170_0002_000002, State: ACCEPTED, Containers used: 0
>>>> 14/11/05 10:25:26 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Giraph:
>>>> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation, Elapsed: 12.86
>>>> secs
>>>> 14/11/05 10:25:26 INFO yarn.GiraphYarnClient:
>>>> appattempt_1415203231170_0002_000002, State: ACCEPTED, Containers used: 0
>>>> 14/11/05 10:25:29 ERROR yarn.GiraphYarnClient: Giraph:
>>>> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation reports FAILED
>>>> state, diagnostics show: Application application_1415203231170_0002 failed
>>>> 2 times due to AM Container for appattempt_1415203231170_0002_000002 exited
>>>> with  exitCode: 1 due to: Exception from container-launch.
>>>> Container id: container_1415203231170_0002_02_000001
>>>> Exit code: 1
>>>> Stack trace: ExitCodeException exitCode=1:
>>>> at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:538)
>>>> at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.run(Shell.java:455)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ShellCommandExecutor.execute(Shell.java:702)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.DefaultContainerExecutor.launchContainer(DefaultContainerExecutor.java:196)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch.call(ContainerLaunch.java:299)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch.call(ContainerLaunch.java:81)
>>>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
>>>> at
>>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
>>>> at
>>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>>>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>  Anyone can help?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Mime
View raw message