giraph-user mailing list archives

From Vincentius Martin <vincentiusmar...@gmail.com>
Subject When do Giraph vertices receive their messages?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 04:00:11 GMT
I am curious about how does Giraph receive messages before processing it

I know that they use their accepted messages in the compute() method on the
next superstep, but when do they receive it? If it is before the checkpoint
process, is there any part in the documentation/code that I can see to
understand it?

Also, what mechanism that Giraph use to store messages before superstep
S+1? Are they store it in a buffer or disk first?

I still cannot find anything about this.

Regards,
Vincentius Martin