giraph-user mailing list archives

From Pavan Kumar A <pava...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Best way to know the assignment of vertices to workers
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2014 05:53:39 GMT
what I can tell)
If you are using something else, other than hive then you will have to implement all the interfaces
of MappingInputFormat and then u can easily achieve what you want.
From: kiran.garimella@aalto.fi
To: user@giraph.apache.org
Subject: Best way to know the assignment of vertices to workers
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 12:02:59 +0000

Hi all,

Is there a clean way to find out which worker a particular vertex is assigned to?

>From what I tried out, I found that given n workers, each node is assigned to the worker
with id (vertex_id % n  ). Is that a safe way to do this?

I’ve had a look at previous discussions, but most of them have no answer.

—————————

Why I need it:

In my application, each vertex needs to know some additional meta data, which is loaded from
file. This metadata file is huge (>50 G) and so, on each worker, I only want to load the
metadata corresponding to the vertices present on that worker.

—————————

Previous discussions:
1. http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/giraph-user/201310.mbox/%3C7EC16F82718A6D4A920A99FE46CE7F4E2861F779%40MERCMBX19R.na.SAS.com%3E
2. http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/giraph-user/201403.mbox/%3CCAMf08QYE%2BRgUv9otXT6oPJorTNjQ-Ay8p4NUiuhds8%2BzgDzs1w%40mail.gmail.com%3E